Tuesday, October 5, 2021

2004 Topps Traded #T1-#T220 + #T221

Ever since Blogger updated to their new format, the pictures seem to get inserted backwards.  If you view pictures from bottom to top, they will be in the order that I inserted them.  This was the final Topps Traded set.  From 2005-2007, the new Updates & Highlighted sets would be offered in factory form.  As soon as I listed this thing for sale, it was gone.  I'm glad to be dealing in more familiar territory where the sets are called Traded and not Updates.  I remember a lot of people not collecting these sets, which never made sense to me, but I know that a lot of collectors are not so business-minded.  As far as I'm concerned, the Traded/Update sets are the High-Series cards of yesteryear.  Without a Traded set, your set is not complete.  Up until the early 2010's, I would purchase numerous complete Traded/Update sets for $20 shipped.  I remember passing on the 2011 Traded set because it was going for $25 in 2013.  As I started to sell off my modern collection in reverse chronological order from 2017 down to 2004, I've seen how these Traded sets have sold for far more than the base sets.  They were definitely worth it.  In fact, if I had to choose only one, I'd choose Traded/Update sets over Base sets for potential collecting value--talking post-2000.  Next up from my modern collection sell-off are all of the bonus and insert sets.  It may take me a couple of months before I get them all posted.  Hopefully,  I'll be breaking up my 2003 set before New Year's.  

No comments:

Post a Comment