Sunday, July 3, 2022
Tuesday, May 31, 2022
Friday, May 20, 2022
Leading the pack for today's acquisition is HOF'er Early Wynn. Still feeling the impact of the modern boom era, I had to pay 20% BV for this one. As a point of reference, I would have looked for a 10% BV purchase previously. The other 2 acquisitions help to fill out my collection and bring it up to over 90% completion. My 1-year goal is to complete the low-number set (#1-252), which is missing only 4 more cards. After that, I'd like to complete over 300 of the 324 cards (only need 7 more).
Sunday, May 8, 2022
I recently acquired a bunch of 52T's. This is not a set that I've ever put much focus into. At 88 cards, I'm still only 21% into this set. All of the rest of my 1950's Topps sets are above 90% except 57T, which is at 52%. I think one of the big reasons I've lagged on this set is that 25% of the set is nearly unattainable as high numbers. That is without regard to whether they are stars or commons. For the rest of the 75% of the set there are also unattainable cards, but that wasn't as much of a deterrent since that's typical for any vintage set. Another factor was that commons for this set were priced much higher than 51T or 53T commons, so I was led in those directions. The premium probably came from people's beliefs that this was the first Topps set, but I never considered this to be true. Topps produced a 104-card set (106 w/ variations) in 1951. For me, that was enough to make the 52T premium unwarranted. Anyway, I'm running out of other cards to purchase so I found these cards as a decent price. Here they are.