Sunday, October 9, 2016

1962 Topps Upgrades: #350 F.Robinson & #516 Checklist 7

     Being so close to completion of the 1962 Topps set (-4 cards), I increasingly find fewer opportunities to acquire additional cards from one of my all-time favorite sets.  Recently, I decided to upgrade a couple of cards that were selling at a reasonable price.


     The fingerprint stain was a little annoying, but the card served as a nice filler at a reasonable cost earlier in my '62T set building.  I can't imagine what would have caused it.  It seems more like a chemical discoloration than a colored topping.  Other than the mysterious fingerprint, the card is in really nice condition.


Here's a page from my '62T binder showing my new Frank Robinson card.  Although not as well centered from top-bottom, there's no more fingerprint to look at.



Finding marked checklists from this era of cards is definitely a common occurrence.  Somehow, this was my only marked checklist in the '62T set and I was able to find an unmarked checklist for a really good price.  


Here's the final page from my '62T Topps set depicting the last 4 checklists, which are all unmarked.


No comments:

Post a Comment