Friday, September 23, 2016

1962 Topps #598: Rookie Parade Outfielders

     With my recent acquisition of the last card in the 1962 Topps baseball card set, I'm now down to only 5 missing cards to complete one of my all-time favorite sets.  The only issue I have with this acquisition is that it arrived slabbed.



     So forgive me for being a slabcracker because all of my personal sets are stored in binder pages without exception--I thought that this card was actually a [VG-EX+ 4.5] anyways, since the centering and surface are nearly perfect.  Below, are a couple of binder pages from the back of my 1962 Topps set binder that depict the Rookie Parade subset.  The 2 missing slots are reserved for #592 and #594.


     So, what I've begun doing with my set binder organization as of late is leaving only the special subset cards that don't fit effectively into one of my team sets and placing them at the end in reverse chronological or significance order.  In this case, I was able to pull out the All-Star and Player Combo cards to insert along with my team sets.  The subsets I have leftover are: World Series (not shown), League Leaders, Rookie Parade, Babe Ruth Special, and Checklists. 

No comments:

Post a Comment