Sunday, September 27, 2015

1950 Bowman: Countdown to Set Completion #6

I'm going a little out of order here, but I had an update on my set completion that I wanted to share, so I'm going out of order to do it.  One of the final six cards to enter my '50 Bowman set was actually a big one: #77 Duke Snider.


Snider played 18 consecutive seasons in the majors between 1947-1964.  All but the last two years were with the Dodgers, which he followed from their days in Brooklyn to their first years in Los Angeles where Snider was born.  He played in 6 World Series in '49, '52, '53, '55, '56, and '59.  Snider's 2 World Series rings are significant because one was the Dodgers' final championship in Brooklyn, and the other was the Dodgers' first championship in Los Angeles.  An 8-time All-Star, Snider has led the league in HR, RBI, R, H, BB, OBP, SLG, OPS, and TB.  Snider was elected into the MLB Hall-of-Fame in 1980.


I have just added one more card to my '50 Bowman set, #98 Ted Williams, which reduces my missing card count down to one.  I will post it when it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment