Wednesday, July 15, 2015

1956 Topps Baseball Starter Set

From less than 10%, to over 30% of the '56 Topps set in just a few days, I can now say that I'm a collector of this this set.  1956 was the final year of oversized cards, before the introduction of the standard-size card most people are familiar with today.  Also, 1956 was the final year that the player photographs look colorized or painted.  The major difference between the very similar '55s and '56s is a solid colored background opposed to a ballpark scene, respectively.  Like the 1955 Topps set, nearly all of the 1956's face horizontal.  The only other year that Topps produced a horizontal set was in 1960.  Pictured below are team pages from my binder that are filled.  












        

1 comment:

  1. Very cool - I am working on this beast as well. If you end up with an extra Mickey Mantle send it my way, I'll do the same for you!
    I like that you've put them in order by team - That seems like the most aesthetically pleasing way to do it.

    ReplyDelete