Monday, June 29, 2015

1955 Bowman starter set

With only 13 cards missing from the 1950 Bowman set, it was only at matter of time before I would begin to branch out to collecting other vintage Bowman cards.  I consider myself a Topps baseball card collector almost exclusively, but the brand didn't start manufacturing baseball card set until 1951.  In order to complete the 1950's decade, I started collecting 1950 Bowmans.  Then, I started collecting 1949 and 1948 Bowmans because they were the same size as the 1950 Bowmans and 1951 Topps cards.  Now, the floodgates have opened and I am now collecting all Bowmans from 1948-1955.  Since Topps now owns Bowman, I consider this justifiable and in line with my 20th-Century Topps Baseball card blog theme.  The 1955 Bowman set contains very reasonably priced commons in low-grade condition.  Here's what I've managed to compile so far with the exception of the Mickey Mantle commemorative reprint.    







No comments:

Post a Comment