Wednesday, September 17, 2014

1950 Bowman #129 J.Gordon, #167 P.Roe, #216 B.Porterfield

Today's acquisitions are significant, not only because they bring me within 28 cards of completing the '50 Bowman set, but because this acquisition represents my first baseball card trade in nearly 25 years.  I don't know if it's just my age, or a fact that card collectors these days are less open about their participation in this hobby.  If it weren't for card shows and online auctions, I wouldn't even believe that people still collected baseball cards.  All of this has made trading cards seem very difficult.    
 

I've often read about trades being made by other baseball card bloggers, and wondered how I would conduct a trade through modern technology if the opportunity ever presented itself.  Here are the results from my first attempt.  Using the grading and pricing sheet posted on one of my blog tabs, we were able to standardize an equal value based on a combination of condition and list prices.     


I wonder how many years will pass before my next successful trade.

1 comment:

  1. Nice doing business with you Mr. REJ. I'm very happy with my 69T. Let's keep open the lines of communication...

    ReplyDelete