Friday, July 5, 2013

1970 Topps #660: Johnny Bench, Cincinnati Reds, C



BV: $80.00 (key card)
Cost: $12.00 (paid 15% BV)
Condition: GD 2.0 (worth 10% BV)
Completion: 619 of 720 (85% complete)
Comment:  The first glimpse I ever had of the 1970 Topps set was of Johnny Bench's 3rd card.  It wasn't the original that I saw though, but a "Turn Back the Clock: 20 Years" special from the 1990 Topps set that I remember.  Obtaining originals for the first time of those old TBC cards produced between '86 and '90 still fascinate me to this day.  If this card were graded only by the surface creasing alone, it would probably be considered in FR 1.5 condition, however, I'd have give the centering a MT 9.0, the edges a EXMT 6.0, and the corners a GD-VG 2.5.  What's that come out to?  I think that this could be considered a strong Good condition card.  With this acquisition, I have completed all but two listed players from the '70 set: N.Ryan and R.Fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment